Dr. Todd M. Welsh
A little about me…. I’m Pennsylvania born and bred. I’m the first in my family to attend college. As the son of an x-ray tech & a nurse, I grew up around medicine & always knew that would be my path. After the confidence altering orthodontic experience I had as a teenager, I knew I wanted to create stunning, confident smiles for my life’s work.
I attended Dickinson College where I graduated with honors, played football & made lifelong friends. I then attended the University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine for a 4-year Dental School program, an advanced dental degree (AEGD), an oral surgery internship, and a 2-year Orthodontics program. I was also a Dentist in Philadelphia during that time. All of this training has given me the unique ability to diagnose and treat for optimum craniofacial growth and development. I’m also proud to be Board Certified ~ a distinction held by few Orthodontists.
I’ve treated patients from Park Avenue to Doylestown and everywhere in between in my 15+ years as an Orthodontist. Creating bold, exceptional smiles that give my patients confidence for life is my WHY. I believe that orthodontics isn’t just about straightening teeth. It’s about giving my patients unique & comprehensive treatment plans to create smiles that last for a lifetime. An aligned bite, optimum facial aesthetics, a properly aligned profile and so much more all go into crafting the perfect smile.
I use the most advanced technology available to ensure you get your perfect smile faster, with greater comfort and in fewer visits because I cater to my busy adults and families, to the hustlers that don’t have time to go to the orthodontist every 4 weeks!
My promise to you is when you are in my office, you will feel like family. When your children are in my chair, I will treat them as my own. At BCO, you will never feel rushed into or out of treatment. I believe in a “wait and see” approach – only beginning treatment when needed & when timing is right, and I make certain that you are part of the process every step of the way.
I am honored to be a part of the Orthodontic Faculty at the University Of Pennsylvania School Of Dental Medicine, where I instruct as a Clinical Associate. It is a joy to teach clinical excellence to the next generation of PENN Orthodontists and a privilege to give back to my alma mater!
As the leading provider of LightForce 3D printed fully custom braces in the entire greater Philadelphia area, I was recently chosen to be a Key Opinion Leader for LightForce Orthodontics. In this important role, I am teaching orthodontists across North America how to utilize this innovative fully customized, 3D-printed aesthetic braces system. I am honored to pioneer this groundbreaking technology and help enable my fellow orthodontists to provide a higher level of care, while providing a better overall experience to their patients.
I also host a local monthly Spear Study Club – a gathering of over a dozen local dental professionals from multiple specialties to further our interdisciplinary education.
Our BCO mission is simple ~ Create perfect smiles while providing an orthodontic experience like no other & giving back to our community. BCO is the Exclusive Orthodontic Provider for Penn Athletics and supports the YMCA, CB Cares, iRun4Life, Coaches vs. Cancer, the Travis Manion Foundation, Bucks 5k Series, Pine2Pink and countless additional local teams, groups, and events. My wife, Tia, and I have been members of the Doylestown 9/11 Heroes Run Committee and are yearly Celebrity Waiters for CB Cares.
I live in Doylestown with my wife, Tia, and our 2 young children. I’m into all things Philadelphia especially the food scene & all Philly sports. I’ve also lived in NYC & loved the energy, culture & night life there. I love to explore new cities & also being out in nature. Bucks County has so much to offer & I am honored to live and work here!
- Dickinson College, B.S. Biology
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, D.M.D., magna cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine – General Dentistry Residency/ Chief Resident, Fellowship in Oral Surgery, Instructor
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine – Orthodontic Residency
- Dr. Welsh stays up to date on all latest technologies through his continuing education as well as hosting a Spear Study Club for local area dental professionals. This study club focuses on providing the most efficient, highest level of dental care for patients through the “team-based” approach.
- Diplomate ~ American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- The American Dental Association
- The Pennsylvania Dental Association
- The Mid-Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
- The Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- Montgomery Bucks Dental Society
- 2nd District Dental Association
- The World Federation of Orthodontists
- The Charles H. Tweed International Foundation
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Dentists, TOP Orthodontist, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Best of Bucks Mont, Orthodontist 2014 – 2020
- Suburban Life, Best Orthodontist 2014 – 2021
- HulaFrog – Most Loved Orthodontist 2017
- Selected by his peers to be included in the “Best Dentists of America”.